ÖGUT (Austrian Society for Environment and Technology) is an independent non-profit organisation which has been focusing on sustainability in the economy and society for almost 40 years. As a platform for this development, ÖGUT has brought together more than 100 organisations and institutions from economic backgrounds (organisations in the areas of waste management, finance, energy providers etc., interest groups such as the Austrian Chamber of Commerce (WKO) and Trade Unions), administrative bodies, and environmental groups (the largest environmental NGOs etc.).
ÖGUT is a competence centre which offers a broad and diverse range of services. Our goal is to develop and implement innovative solutions to current challenges together with our partner-network.
- develops strategies and supports strategy processes;
- researches and advises within specialist areas of knowledge;
- provides information on current developments and communicates innovative, sustainable solutions (via events, publications, presentations etc.);
- organises and hosts working groups and platforms on the topic of sustainability;
- coordinates and manages (research) programmes;
- offers presentations, workshops and training-sessions using innovative methods;
- presents the annual OEGUT-Environment-Prize.